Clean and affordable transportation options are one of the most important elements of an EcoDistrict.
Easy access to various means of transportation is at the core of many North Park initiatives.
This can mean:
- Streets that are designed with pedestrian and bike safety in mind
- Giving priority to active transportation such as bicycles
- Reducing overall dependency on cars among community members
- Access and infrastructure for low and zero emission vehicles
In North Park:
- The Walk Score is 77, this means that the neighborhood is very walkable and most of the errands can be accomplished on foot
- MTS bus service is available at over 20 bus stops and by frequent services that connect North Park to Downtown, La Mesa, South Park and Mission Valley areas
- Have you seen the bike corrals in front of Linkery? Two more corrals planned to be installed in North Park soon, thanks to North Park Main Street!