One of North Park’s greatest attributes is it unique community identity.
A strong sense of community creates draw to a neighborhood and encourages individuals to be active community members.
This can mean:
- Beautiful, accessible and safe spaces that promote interaction among community members and visitors
- Governance with the leadership and capacity to act on behalf of the neighborhood
- Social networks that are inclusive, flexible and cohesive
In North Park:
- Southern California’s first parklet is coming soon in front of Café Calabria! This unique achievement will provide free, inspiring and green public space right in the center of the urban area
- Free cultural events and gatherings are part of our identity. Ray at Night, Arts Festival and Bird Park Summer Concerts series are all free and within walking distance for most community members
- Historic architecture creates the cultural fabric of the North Park community and is treasured and cared for. Click HERE for a full list of our interesting buildings.
- Mixed use arteries of 30th, University Av, Upas and North Park Way are some of more popular places to live, eat, shop and work