San Diego has an ideal climate to support outdoor activities, healthy diet and access to vitamin D
Providing opportunities to encourage healthy and happy community members is an integral part of an EcoDistrict strategy.
This can mean:
- Equal access to safe, functional and affordable recreation areas
- Safe, connected streets and other urban design elements that promote walkability and bike rides
- Ability to access healthy, local and affordable food
- Strategies to improve outdoor and indoor air quality
In North Park:
- Bird Park, Morley Field and North Park Recreation Center are vibrant and important part of our identity
- Bike Corals and bike repair stations encourage biking
- Weekly farmers market is a great opportunity to meet farmers and try food produced in our region
- ‘Free Tree’- we are promoting programs and activities that encourage more trees in the area. Trees improve the air quality.
- Our community can access various Health and wellbeing ideas by reviewing the Strategies to Get Started section of this web site.