Water is one of the most pressing environmental issues in the San Diego region. The goal of the water management is to meet both human and natural needs while significantly reducing potable water demand.
This can mean:
- Reduced water consumption
- Using potable water only for potable needs
- Reuse and recycle strategies for water
- Management of storm water and building water discharge within the district
In North Park:
- We develop programs that encourage water conservation. Learn more about the Spring Challenge and how business owners reduce water use.
- In the near future we will be providing education opportunities that address water issues among business owners and residents of North Park
- Keep an eye out for neighbors with rainwater capture tanks in their yards. North Park and South Park residence are beginning to put rainwater harvesting on the map!